Do you ever find yourself wondering if it’s worth the effort to read your Bible?
Does your desire for sleep or late night T.V. often win out for quality time with your reading plan?
I totally get it. In fact, it wasn’t until many years into parenting when I finally found my stride for reading God’s Word on the regular. And I still have to fight to make it happen.
But, when I began to see the benefits in my life and the exponential blessing when I read a passage with my family- it motivates me to keep going.
The five benefits I’m sharing on episode #6 of the Praying Families Podcast are:
- The Word of God heals (our family).
- The Bible teaches (me and my family) us about God.
- Scripture is the Sword of Truth we need to fight our battles.(and aligns us with truth)
- God’s Word provides unshakeable peace (centers your focus on God magnifying Him above what is happening in your circumstances)
- You model your priority to your children.
I mean, come on! These are not small things. These are victories we all want in our homes.
How is reading the Bible with your family going?
If you are reading this blog or listening to the podcast during the Advent season, you may want to download our Simple Advent Reading Plan. We are spending seven weeks reading through the first two chapters of Luke. You can read it aloud or invite the readers in your family to each take turns.
Trust me, you will begin to see the fruit and benefits of reading the Word with your family within these short weeks.
Listen to the full podcast (episode #6), where I share how we keep Bible reading simple and the benefits we have witnessed!